Thursday, December 1, 2011

Announcing the 2011 Virtual Advent Tour

Kailana from The Written World and Marg from Adventures of an Intrepid Reader are very pleased and excited to announce that we will once again be running the Virtual Advent tour this year. This is the sixth year that we have hosted and we hope that the event has become an integral part of the book blogging community's holiday traditions.

The Virtual Advent tour first started when we pondered why should the kids get all the fun of opening a box on the advent calendar and finding a treat in there, and how could we have some blogging fun with a similar concept? So the Virtual Advent tour was born.

Each day anyone who wants to participate takes turns sharing a treat with our friends here in blogland. For example it could be something about your family traditions, recipes, your country's holiday traditions, or a favourite Christmas memory, movie, book, song...anything you like. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas we would like to hear about what your family does during the holiday season, whether it be celebrating Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever it is that you do during this time.

If you are interested in signing up, then please sign up using the Google form (link below). If you want a specific date, then please include that along with your name and other details. If you don't need a specific date, then we will allocate a date to you. We will create a list of links so that as people express interest we will add them to the list, and then each day during the tour we will post a link directing visitors to the appropriate blog.


The tour will start on Thursday 1 December and run through until Saturday December 24. If there are more people than there are days that's fine too.....the more the merrier! It just means that there will be more than one blog to visit on those days.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alex for our gorgeous new blog design and the fabulous buttons!

We look forward to visiting everyone on the tour.

21 comments:

cat said...

FINALLY! :)

So excited to participate again this year! Thanks, ladies!

Marg said...

Ha! Sorry to have kept you waiting!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Just caught your reminder on Twitter - thanks for holding this big favorite of my holidays, ladies!

Please sign me up.

Tania Shipman said...

All signed up and already have an idea for my post. Thanks for running this again

Marg said...

Hi Julia, so glad you are excited! Could you please complete the form so we have your contact details, preferred dates etc.

Thanks for participating again Tania!

chrisa511 said...

Yay :D All signed up!! Thanks again ladies for putting this on again!! It's become a Christmas Tradition :D

Marg said...

Glad to have you on board again Chris!

Amy said...

Yay I'm so excited for this again!

Marg said...

So glad you are excited Amy! It's good to have you participating again!

Pippa Elliott said...

I'd like to sign up. What info do you need from me?
Here is my email
grace (dot) elliot (at) virginmedia (dot) com
and here is my blog

http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com

Thank you,
Grace x

Unknown said...

I saw it on Twitter and had to sign up. Sounds like fun!

kayerj said...

I love this and look forward to it every year. Thanks for hosting.

Marg said...

Yay! Welcome to the tour Grace and Georgie!

Kaye, I am so glad you look forward to it every year! So do we!

Patricia @ Lady with Books said...

Just signed up! I'm looking forward to the tour. This will be my first time.

Anonymous said...

This will be my first year but it sounds great!

Since I'm a noob, I may need guidance. Here is my email :)

martina_ck AT shaw DOT ca

Rikki said...

This sounds like a great event! Count me in!

Homemaker Honey said...

Hi! This is a great idea! I signed up so I can share about the Jesse Tree Ornaments my husband and I make and sell in my Etsy shop for Advent every year.

Have a look:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/acupofjoy

We are still taking orders for Christmas 2011.

Many Blessings,
Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com
homemakerhoney @gmail .com

Teddyree said...

Woohoo this should get me in the Christmas spirit!All signed up, thanks :)

Jo K said...

Wonderful idea! Just found this place and signed up for my first time participating.

Susan said...

I just signed up - Kelly reminded me on Facebook and I've remembered to come here to officially sign in! I'm so excited! Yaay! I love the new buttons too. Just one question: where is the link to see who is on which day?

Marg said...

Hi Susan, glad you are signed up again!

The tour dates are here but as there are still people signing up it isn't yet complete.

Pepca, Martina and Patricia, welcome! I hope you all enjoy your first virtual advent tour.

Teddyree, this is always an important part of getting into the Christmas mood for me.

Rikki, you are in!